Like most clients I talk to, writing about themselves is about as grueling as going to the dentist. Whether it is their resume, LinkedIn profile, website copy, promotional content, one sheet, etc.
No one WANTS to do it.
Even though they desperately need to revamp content AND improve conversion/sales.
There is a cost of doing it wrong….
Did you know that NOT working for 2 months equates to losing $8,000? (based on a Prior Salary of $52K)
Ouch. Then, what?
How do you know it’s time to hire an expert to help you?
With any decision in life you need to have a profit/loss calculator to evaluate your situation. Using this simple formula, you can figure out how much money you are losing and the accrued stress/wasted energy that ensues as a result.
Lisa’s “Is It Time to Hire an Expert?” Calculator:
STEP ONE: How Many Days Are You Losing?
(Pick which one applies to you, calculate your answer and go to step 2.)
- FOR THOSE SEEKING A NEW JOB: How many days have you spent submitting the SAME resume with little or no results?
- FOR THOSE SEEKING MORE WORK AS A SPEAKER: How many days have you spent submitting the SAME reel, one sheet, and promotional materials with little or no results?
- FOR BUSINESS OWNERS LOOKING TO INCREASE SALES: How many days have you used the SAME website/promotional copy, marketing campaign with little or no results?
EXAMPLE: 2 months of no work = 60 days (Using just a standard five day work week model: 5 days x 8 weeks = 40 total unpaid work days)
STEP TWO: What is your DAILY wage/rate?
- A standard five-day work-week for a full year would be 260 days.
- Divide your contract or salary total by the number of days you worked. Source: https://www.wikihow.com/Work-out-Your-Day-Rate
EXAMPLE: $52,000 ÷ 260= $200
STEP THREE: How much money are you losing?
- (Step 1 ANSWER) x (Step 2 ANSWER) = Total Money You are Throwing Out the Window
EXAMPLE: 40 X 200 = $8000
WHAT?? Let me make sure you read that correctly…
- Let’s suppose your salary is $52,000 a year and based on the above daily wage/rate formula, your daily wage equates to $200.
- You have been submitting the same resume for two months, which equals 60 days and only counting workdays that would be…5 weekdays x 8 weeks = 40 days.
- 40 x 200 = 8,000
- Your total amount of money LOST is a whopping $8,000!!
For a person who makes $52,000 a year, taking two months off looking for a job means they are losing $8,000.
If you start seeing the days ticking by as throwing $200 in the Dumpster, you will understand what so many thriving professionals have…
Hiring an expert is the sure way to FAST-TRACK your success.
It’s time to stop banging your head against the wall…..
Using this formula has made a massive difference in my professional life and those I have shared it with. I hope this article helps you take the steps necessary to grab hold of the amazing opportunities that are waiting for you right around the corner.
As always, please feel free to email me with any questions…. firstname.lastname@example.org
To your success,
P.S. If you enjoyed this article, please share with your friends. Thank you.
Keywords: #jobs #copywriter #hireanexpert #salescopy #salessuccess