First things first….
What Is The Difference Between a LinkedIn Profile And YOUR Resume?
This is such a great question that many of my clients have asked. Knowing the difference between the two can put you a step ahead of the competition.
SIMILARITIES between Your LinkedIn Profile & Resume:
- Both should be SEO rich because 80% of companies are using online filtration systems (based on industry specific words) to siphon out under-qualified candidates
- Both should provide metrics and statistics to hi-light your achievements and present you as an attractive investment to a company
- Both should list any innovative strategies/tools that you have created or executed in the life of your career
DIFFERENCES between Your LinkedIn Profile & Resume:
Your LinkedIn Profile is one of the most productive tools to showcase your career tenure and maximize your online presence.
- From add-in features such as slideshows to videos, your profile is a live marketing tool that has the potential for MASSIVE online exposure based on a single post or recommendation going viral
- As the #7 most viewed social networking website in world, it offers a platform to INCREASE your executive network, join industry groups, and apply to job positions
- It is NOT a replacement for a targeted resume
Your Resume is a powerful and concise summary of your career history that capitalizes on your strengths AND sells you as a strong, qualified candidate.
- Should be tailored towards EACH position you are applying to
- Include ADDITIONAL metrics and statistics that are not posted online (Many companies prefer to keep their numbers and revenues private. Your resume is the appropriate venue to showcase them)
- It does NOT include testimonials or recommendations from colleagues or previous employers
REMEMBER: Using powerful words are your resume’s fuel… BUT, the vehicle to drive you (to an interview) is POWERFUL results-driven copy.
Keywords: #executiveresumewriter #resumes #resumewriter #careers #jobs